Axis 212 PTZ - AVHS Enabled
Full overview and instant zoom
Conventional PTZ cameras allow the user to pan, tilt and zoom, but not to see the whole video scene - just one portion at a time. The AXIS 212 PTZ gives the user the whole picture, then allows instant pan/tilt/zoom to get the details.The 3x zoom provides instant, one-click optical zoom functionality.Consequently, from the overview image, a security officer can zoom in 3 times on any suspicious behavior by just clicking on the part of the image where it’s happening. No other PTZ camera can zoom in instantly on off-centered action.
The advantages of no moving parts are considerable:
- No noise - thus making the camera even more discreet.
- No way to tell where the camera is looking. In fact, the camera seems to follow anyone on the premises.
- No delay for mechanical movement and thus no time lag in the images.
Resolution - sharp and maintained
By having a full overview of 140° (pan), the AXIS 212 PTZ wastes no pixels. This means that the full image sensor can be used for image quality purposes - and the difference is astonishing.The AXIS 212 PTZ offers progressive scan and advanced signal processing based on a 3 megapixel CMOS sensor.
Oversampling is a technology that uses the advantages of a high-resolution sensor (2048x1536 pixels) in its full format. This means that, whether in full overview mode or when zooming in, full 1:1 VGA resolution of 640x480 pixels is maintained - resulting in a brighter image, more detail and higher contrast.
IEEE 802.3af Class 1
1/2” progressive scan CMOS 3.1 Megapixel
F1. 8, fixed iris, focal length: 2.7 mm
44°–140° horiz.; 35°–105° vert.
144 x 132 x 77mm (5.7" x 5.2" x 3.0")
504 g (1.1 lbs)
Minimum 10 lux wide mode, 20 lux tele mode
- Tamper-resistant design
- Superior image quality with progressive scan
- Locally record up to 30 frames per second in VGA resolution (640x480 pixels) with NAS
- Three year manufacturer's warranty